MOUNT A FESTIVAL OUTPOST
- BUILDERS OF THE FUTURE: This is an easy, simple way to create your own “pop-up” festival outpost. Sign up as a Builder to organize an informal reading of plays envisioning women’s futures. Builders of the Future don’t solicit their own scripts, they receive access upon signing up to their choice of plays collected from submissions. Builders are also not required to make their outposts open to the public (e.g., it can be as simple as a gathering of friends in your living room), and as such will not be featured in festival PR.
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Varies, see link for details.
SHARE YOUR TALENTS
- VOLUNTEER FOR THE FESTIVAL: TFIF Fest is run on 100% volunteer labor. The best way to volunteer is to directly contact a local outpost in your area and ask their needs. (See the Festival Calendar & Festival Map.) Note: We cannot provide contact info for outposts. Please Google on your own to find the contact methods they’ve made publicly available.
The following are now closed. Please do not contact us for exceptions. Thank you for understanding!
- LEADERS OF THE FUTURE: Register as a producing individual or organization to host your own outpost of The Future Is Female Festival. Leaders of the Future are the primary, featured core the festival, who solicit their own scripts and make their production or reading open to the public. Leaders of the Future are featured in festival PR.
Closed as of January 20th.
- SUBMIT A PLAY: The Future Is Female Festival is seeking original 10-minute plays written by women on the subject “the future is female,” for use by Builders of the Future in informal “pop-up” readings.
Closed as of February 20th.
- ARTIST RESOURCE DIRECTORY: The TFIF Artist Resource Directory lets individual artists potentially connect with festival outposts in their area looking for talent.
Closed as of late January.